Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Snagged this off Tim's face book account


Not sure if you can double click on this and have it show up bigger?? I'm kinda new at posting from a web site. Anyhow it's from Tim and friends trip up to Fremont peak about 3 weeks ago. This is up around Titcom basin (I think)

My life flashed before my eyes this morning on Dollar lake. I was out in my canoe and the wind came up and capsized it. Fortunately (I always do) I had my life jacket on. Harold and Nancy Merritt was fishing in a flat bottom boat up there and came to my rescue. Two other folks from Big Piney helped out too, amazingly I never lost any of my poles or gear, but I sure took a bath...

Anyhow thanks to those folks for getting me back to my truck and helped me load the canoe and gear. NO MORE CANOEING!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you are OK. We capsized our canoe on the New Fork one year and it's scary. However, we did lose some stuff, but it was just stuff not us.

    rwm

    ReplyDelete