Friday, August 6, 2010

In Memorium



Sadly I learned tonight that my dear friend of countless years died in Tucson Arizona a couple of days ago. His real name is Philip Michael Mahar but I only knew him as Mike. We both got out of the army about the same time and became good friends. Mike's been a quadraplegic since 1973 when he was in a horrific car wreck that killed his wife of just a few months, I was a poll bearer at her funeral. Mike had a little bit of use of one of his arms and could actually fly fish, he lived for fly fishing and coming back to Wyoming in the summertime. I know that some of the bloggers knew Mike and I would ask that you take a minute and say a prayer for his family. His brother Sean has helped take care of Mike since that terrible accident many years ago. Sean called me this evening and told me. No service is planned nor did he want any flowers or anything. Of all the pictures I've taken over the years I never took his picture. I did google his name and got the name of the mortuary in Tucson that is handling his passing. There's a register that you can sign online.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Hank...I'm sorry. Huggs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Hank. May Mike rest in peace and may God bless him. rwm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hank,I know that you know he is no longer a quadriplegic,and as you are fishing on your new boat and there's a small ripple next to where your lure hits the water, know also that it is just his fly touching down and that he is there with you sharing the adventure. Gone from this world but never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this Hank. I remember well when they had that accident..and she was killed. I think perhaps she was the lucky one. She also was carrying his baby...that might be priviledged info, as I was working for the public health nurse at the time, and she was coming in there for help. I hope the time is up that saying this would be out of order.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On Oct 20th I found that I had lost my friend of over Thirty Years ,Via on Facebook from A friend and Neighbor Hank .My heart is very heavy today and my prayers are with Sean and Mary, Mikes Mom and Brother!Heavenly Father Please allow both Mike AND Sean to rest in peace, Sean has taken care of Mike for I believe 37 years, and now he needs to have the opportunity to start a life of his own..Although Mary, Seans mother is now in need of care and so Sean continues to be a male nurse now for her !! When Mary passes Sean will certainly need your guidance Lord as this will be the first time he has no family to help or tend to!Allow Mike to now have all his movement back and once again be free in your name Jesus Christ AMEN !!

    ReplyDelete