Friday, January 23, 2009

Hurricane Katrina damage















When Debi and I traveled to Floriday in 05-06, stopped by Foley and Gulf shores Alabama. We were there a couple months after Katrina and saw lots of damage to houses etc. This particular "stilt" house sustained a lot of damage. The picture shows some damage to the left side and some shingles missing. Some were much much worse than this one. Somewhere I had a picture of a 35' fishing boat that was blown inland about a mile. It was sitting in a field. I assume they've towed it back to the water by now.

Still cloudy and a bit of rain here today. Priced some new glasses at pearl vision, cost $425.00 So went to Costco and bought a pair for $179.00 Jeez, didn't realize that there was that much price disparity in glasses.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hank and Deb, enjoy the blog, ml worl turned me onto getting glasses online, mine are about half the price of yours and perfect, I got them at thirty nine dollar glasses, which I found under eyeglass prescription in google. Susan Pape

    ReplyDelete