Monday, May 25, 2009

We remember


I returned from my overseas duty (Korea) during the Viet Nam conflict and was stricken by all the hate towards my fellow soldiers and me. They even told us not to wear our uniforms in the airport to go home because of the demonstrators who thought it cute to come up to uniformed soldiers and call them "baby killers", I've long forgiven those folks who've done that but the memory is still a bit bitter. That's one of the reasons I proudly put on my Veterans of foreign wars cap each year and help put on the memorial service at the cemetary. So today....if you see a soldier who has served....give em a hug and thank them for their service. After all, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be posting this right now.

God bless America!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. AMEN! and Thank you, Hank. JAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post today Hank...consider yourself hugged by this old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you had to endure that situation - coming home to such misguided jerks (for lack of a better word) . It was horrible treatment for our soldiers then and the memories now. I'm eternally appreciative and grateful for you and others like you. We know how you all suffered.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete